Navigation bar

  • About Me
  • Renovation
  • Decor
  • Crafty
  • Life

Monday, March 23, 2015

...And More Flower Seeds!

OK, I think I have all of the flower seeds we'll need for the garden now. At least I hope. I shared the other day the flower seeds and bulbs I got to start out. Then I got to thinking, 'I don't know if this will be enough for all of our wedding centerpieces.' Granted, we'll only probably have around 25, but if I need to make similar arrangements for each table (and use the same kinds of flowers throughout), I'm a little worried I might not have enough to work with. So when we were in town yesterday, we stopped at Lowe's and I picked up some more seeds so I had a little bit more variety.


Again, each packet averaged around $1.50-$2, and the bulbs were just a little more. I picked up several more Zinnia packets, because I want at least one or two flowers that will be displayed throughout the reception. And Zinnias come in lots of pink colors, and they look large enough to fill enough of the vases. I got some of the "State Fair - Giant" variety, and then some mini ones. I also got some poppy seeds, some Sweet Williams, Carnations, and some pink pastel Achillea.


I thought I would also try some Ranunculus, because I love this flower - it says that it blooms from spring to summer, so I don't know how long that will be, or if they last until August, but I'm hoping they will! And I have no idea how many flowers will be produced from the bulbs and tubers I have. We'll see I guess. Crazy to be doing this having never planted flower seeds or bulbs before, but hey, there's a first time for everything! My latest flowers cost $20 altogether, so that brings my total flower spending to $50. If we can do everything for that, I think we're good.


In addition to the new flowers I picked up, I forgot that I also have a bag of organic garden fertilizer that I got for free at the organic farming conference I attended for work. Another thing I know nothing about, but the directions are all here, and they're supposed to make the colors of your flowers more vibrant, so I'm excited to try it out.


I got a free packet of organic Ox Eye Sunflowers, too. I don't know if those will go with the rest of our flowers, but we'll see! Looks like we'll definitely have a variety of flowers at the reception. I'm going to try to make the centerpieces look as consistent as I can, though! The decor is really important to me, and so is getting every detail just right.


Getting anxious to start getting the garden ready and planting! So when is the last frost?? That is the question! Clueless first time flower gardener right here...

1 comment:

Featured on...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...