Navigation bar

  • About Me
  • Renovation
  • Decor
  • Crafty
  • Life

Monday, January 11, 2016

Little Date Nights at Home

It's hard to believe that last year around this time we were still trying to figure out where we wanted to go on our honeymoon. I remember it took forever to actually come to a decision and book it, and it might have even been the hardest decision of the whole wedding planning process for us! We could go so many different places, and had to pick the perfect spot. Well, now that it's January again and it's freezing cold and snowy outside, I'm ready to plan another trip to somewhere warm..or at least ready for summer to begin! :)

In the meantime though, while we're stuck inside on snowy evenings, it's nice to be able to spend them with my husband, and lately he's been really good about helping around the house and cooking me dinner, which is always a plus. He's on a break from his job right now, only doing fill-in security jobs until he can find something else. So he's been home more often, and you might have seen some posts from me lately on Instagram about a date night in, and Trent cooking dinner for me.


Last weekend I got all ready - hair did, makeup, all for a date night at home. He cooked pasta and then we watched Jim Gaffigan specials on Netflix.


We even ate at the dinner table, which is a rare occasion, and had a candlelit dinner complete with fancy Dean Martin and Frank Sinatra music, just like we do every year on Valentine's Day. It's nice to have a little date night at home every once in a while.

Since Trent has been working only part time, he's done the dishes, cleaned, and even folded my laundry. That was a shock, considering he barely folds his own laundry. :) He's baked cookies, and one day last week, I came home to a fresh batch of brownies.


He's got me wondering what has happened to my husband! Haha. He was also cooking another kind of pasta, with some pumpkin flavored sauce that was pretty yummy.

We got to eat at the table, again! I think it's a record in one week. It's been pretty nice to come home from a long day of work and have dinner made within 10 minutes. Not to mention being able to eat it at a clean kitchen table!


So as long as Trent keeps cooking me meals, baking sweets, and cleaning the house, I think I will keep him for a little while. :) Date nights at home are kind of the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured on...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...