Navigation bar

  • About Me
  • Renovation
  • Decor
  • Crafty
  • Life

Saturday, January 30, 2016

Work Currently In Progress

It's another beautiful Saturday! I love Saturdays. They are my days to relax, catch up on sleep, and get things done at home. It seems that Saturdays in the summer, we're always running around and doing things, getting out and enjoying the nice weather, etc. In the winter though, there's nothing I like better than just staying in on the weekends.

Trent is working today, so I'm staying home, watching documentaries on Netflix, and cleaning around the house. This week, Trent has worked on a couple of house projects, so I'm excited to share what's currently happening. It's small (definitely baby steps), but we have to start somewhere.

First things first, work has started again on the hallway! Aren't you excited? This has been by far the longest work in progress we've had with the house, and it's hard to get the motivation to continue working on it. This hallway has been ripped out and has been slowly rebuilt, little by little. Now Trent has started to sand the floor (with our little hand sander), so that we can start to redo it. We're definitely going to leave the hardwood that's here, but just sand and seal it again to make it all shiny and new. Just like we did in the living room and the bedroom.


It's only started, but I'm hoping to get it finished this winter. Using our little sander, it is quite a job - this section alone took about an hour. There might be about 6 more sections this size to finish! I know he will get it done, though, and I'm excited to see what the end result will look like.

The next mini project is quite small, but I'm glad it's done. I came home to this little threshold in the doorway of the living room. Once it's stained and sealed to match the living room floor, it will really help to finish off the room. I'm excited about it because I don't have to trip over the speaker cord anymore that runs from one end of the room to the other, since it's now covered with this threshold. Thank you, Trent! That thing was really starting to get on my nerves. :)


So two projects are in progress right now, one a little bigger than the other, of course. But every project counts! It makes us one step closer to being satisfied with the house.

Well, it's back to house-work on this Saturday afternoon! By the way, this was my breakfast this morning - toast by me, and breakfast scramble by Trent. Yum! It had eggs, potatoes, avocados, and sweet peppers. Overall goodness, and a perfect addition to the day.


Ok - now off to do the dishes! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured on...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...