Navigation bar

  • About Me
  • Renovation
  • Decor
  • Crafty
  • Life

Sunday, October 2, 2016

Another Scenic Drive in the Books

It's October! Where has the time gone? Fall is officially here, and although the leaves around our area have yet to fully change their colors, you can definitely feel it in the air. It's cooler outside, a little gloomier at times, and pumpkins are beginning to line peoples' porches.

Fall for us also means the Scenic Drive is here. Our annual fall festival - the Spoon River and Knox County Scenic drive - is full of flea markets, crafts, sales, and fall fun. It's become one of my favorite fall activities every year. This weekend was the first of the festival - it also continues next weekend - and Trent and I spent some time yesterday to enjoy it.


This year we stopped in Knoxville again, and I enjoyed more fried rice at the town square. It's my favorite! We then headed south and made another stop at the Little Red Barn, which had loads of antiques, pumpkins, gourds, and even a fire and some live music.


We also stopped in Maquon and Farmington. I would call this year's trip a successful one. I spent all of the cash I had for the day. :) I ended up taking home 3 giant mums that are just starting to bloom, along with some small ghost pumpkins, a couple of cinderella pumpkins, and some gourds. 


I got my porch somewhat decorated when we got home last night, but I need to add some pumpkins and a few more fall decor items before it's finished.

Today Trent is working, and I'm feeling kind of lazy, spending the day at home with my allergies and waiting for my Claritin and coffee to kick in. Maybe I'll get the energy to finish my fall decorating before Trent gets home. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured on...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...