Navigation bar

  • About Me
  • Renovation
  • Decor
  • Crafty
  • Life

Monday, March 6, 2017

Birthday Weekend

Hello all! Today is my 29th birthday. I took the day off work today, so I could sleep in and stay home, and get some things done around the house. So far today, I've watched a movie and got a visit from Trent this morning, who delivered my new shoes. :) I plan on doing the dishes and cleaning around the house.

I can't believe this is the last year of my twenties! I better live this year up, huh? Today I wanted to share with you a little about my weekend and how I celebrated my birthday.

Saturday, Trent and I took a little trip to Bishop Hill - a historic, little Swedish town with cute shops and restaurants. We did some eating and shopping - I had never really been there before, and it turned out to be a really cool place that's right in our backyard!


The first place we went to was the Bakery - a cute, old-timey restaurant and bake shop. 


They played some old style music, and as soon as you walked in, you felt like you just stepped back in time.


All of the old buildings here have the old style, country decor inside. Even the tables and chairs feel like they're from the 1800's.



The food was delicious and all tasted homemade. Since they're a bakery, their specialty is the bread, and it was amazing! It was so soft. We ended up taking home a loaf of the wheat bread.


The weather was gorgeous, too. So bright and sunny out, and about 65 degrees. We had a perfect day for shopping and exploring.


We also went to Sweet Annie's, an antique and gift shop.


My favorite thing there was the homemade soy candles. We spent at least 10 minutes just smelling them all. Haha.


There were so many different scents. I ended up getting the "Brown Sugar" scented one.


All of the buildings in this little town are so old and historic. There's an old hotel there, and a Colony Store, that we stopped in and bought a few things at. I picked out some things that Trent got me for my birthday, too, like some yummy Fudge and a few little decor items.


We didn't go into any of these buildings, but I thought they all looked cool, so got a few pictures:




All in all, it was a great afternoon and was nice to get away and go shopping for my birthday!


Here are all of my treasures that I ended up getting on the trip:


I love these Bee coasters - aren't they cute? There were a ton of different coasters that you could mix and match. I went with the "bee" theme for all of them. I love the little sayings!


We brought home some Cheesecake fudge, which was amazing. And I found some really cool old wood blocks at a place in Altona on the way back, with our initials. I want to display them somewhere - just need to find a place for them!


I also have a thing for coffee mugs these days, and thought this one was pretty cool!


We burned my new candle yesterday, and it made the house smell amazing! It has kind of a buttery smell. I kind of just want to eat it. Haha.


Yesterday, my parents took us out to eat for my birthday at a new place in Moline called The Steel Plow. They are becoming famous around the Q.C. for their burgers and crazy delicious shakes!



Don't they look awesome? They taste just as good as they look. And the rest of the food was good, too. It was a nice, early Sunday dinner at a cool new place.

When I got home, Saleen wished me a Happy Birthday, too! Isn't she adorable in this picture?


Well, I am going to start cleaning around the house and enjoy spending my birthday at home today! And just for "kicks," - Here are my new shoes that just got delivered. :)


They're my birthday present to myself! (From DSW - get them here). Happy Monday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured on...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...