Navigation bar

  • About Me
  • Renovation
  • Decor
  • Crafty
  • Life

Sunday, March 26, 2017

Recent Drawings

Happy Sunday all. It's been a low-key weekend for me, and I had some free time, so today I'm sharing a few of my recent drawings. One of my resolutions for this year was to draw more, so I finally got out my sketchbook, and sometimes, though not as often as I might like, I'll do a quick sketch or two. These are some recent ones.
Growing up, most of my inspiration came from magazines. I was inspired by fashion ads and magazines, mostly, and also drew a few houses or interiors here and there. 


Now it's Pinterest. Art that I like, fashion photography, prints. All things I've gathered on Pinterest and if you search for them, you can probably find the inspiration for all of the images I've drawn here.

Inspired by an Elizabeth Mayville painting
This summer, I'm going on a trip to Vegas with my mom and my sister. So I decided to draw the Vegas sign. :)


Most of these are really quick drawings in my sketchbook, 20 minutes maybe. They're definitely not perfect, but after not drawing for years, it's nice to be back at it again, and it's something I hope to continue.


Every once in a while, I'll see a photo or print that I like, and I make sure to save it for a future drawing idea.


I've drawn other things in recent days, too. From fancy cakes, to a bridge and skyline, a hot air balloon floating through the stars..but these are some of my favorites. 

It's kind of fun to put a pencil to paper again, even if it is just quick little sketches.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured on...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...