Navigation bar

  • About Me
  • Renovation
  • Decor
  • Crafty
  • Life

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Healthy Snack Options

As some of you might know from This Post, I try to eat healthy whenever I can. Today I thought I'd share a few healthy food choices I've been eating lately. Just in case anyone is looking for some more options for lunch or snacks, or whatever!

So yesterday for a quick lunch, I whipped up this little concoction that was really nutritious and yummy! I think it would be great for a healthy snack, lunch, or breakfast.


I just cut up a small banana and a few strawberries in a bowl, poured some honey on top, and added a little peanut butter. It was, of course, delicious! If I were eating it for breakfast, I would probably drink a cup of orange juice with it just for some extra vitamins and nutrition.

I eat a lot of granola bars with my lunch, for breakfast, or for snacks. I usually try to make sure they're certified organic, because there are a lot of ingredients out there in packaged foods that contain GMOs (Genetically modified organisms), and when there's a USDA seal on the label, that guarantees that the product is GMO-free.

I really like the taste of the Nature's Path Organic Pumpkin-N-Spice granola bar. It's really yummy if you love the taste of pumpkin. It seems pretty healthy, too.

I made this sandwich for lunch today:


It consists of:

  • Wheat bread
  • Hummus
  • Guacamole
  • Mayonnaise
  • Cucumber slices
  • Tomato slices
  • Butter lettuce
It was really yummy, and I felt good and energized afterward. Sometimes I might add a slice of Sargento 40 calorie swiss cheese, but we currently have no cheese slices left in our house. So it was a dairy-free veggie sandwich!

The hummus I used is Athenos Roasted Red pepper hummus:

I believe it's healthier than the Sabre brand, and it's really yummy on both sandwiches or wheat crackers.

Another healthy food option which I love both in my lunch and as a snack is almonds. The Blue Diamond brand is an especially healthy one, and I love this kind:
They have just enough flavor, and I don't feel like I'm stuffing my face when I eat them, because they're so low calorie and healthy. It's so much better of an option than chips or crackers.

I also really like the Emerald 100 Calorie Packs in the Dry Roasted almond flavor. I take these in my lunch all the time, and even stash them in my purse and eat them as an afternoon snack at work.

This is seriously the best flavor, and I never get tired of them!

One final healthy snack I'm going to share today is Healthy Choice Greek frozen yogurt:
This makes an awesome evening snack. It is only about 100 calories and it is SO yummy. I eat regular Greek yogurt all the time (Dannon Oikos is my favorite), but this frozen yogurt is great for when you might be craving something sweet. I mean, it's a lot healthier than ice cream, so you can't beat it!

Hope these give you some more healthy snack options. They're definitely some of my favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured on...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...