Navigation bar

  • About Me
  • Renovation
  • Decor
  • Crafty
  • Life

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Ikat Inspired Painting

Another art related post today. In addition to the Mod Podge art I created over the weekend, I also painted another canvas! This time I was feeling pattern-y (is that a word?) and was inspired by some Ikat paintings I found while perusing the web. Like this one:

And also by the Abstract artist Kristy Gammill, who creates some gorgeous Ikat-like paintings:



While my painting is more of a Beginner's attempt, I still loved doing it and think it turned out pretty well! I started by spreading some shades of pink across the canvas:


Then I added some orange, blue, and white to the mix. And ended up with this:


The lighting is horrible in the photos I took of it since I finished it Sunday night. But I'm going to try to take a better one tonight. This is the final result:
I really love it. Haven't decided where I'm going to put it yet. But I love the colors. It was a fun painting project once again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured on...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...