Navigation bar

  • About Me
  • Renovation
  • Decor
  • Crafty
  • Life

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Shopping and Some New Additions

Ok, WHAT is this outside??
It's supposed to be spring and this is the scene outside my window? Ugh, Mr. Phil the groundhog was so wrong this year!

Moving on though...Yesterday, I went shopping with my mom and my sister Haley to get some things for Haley's new apartment. I had fun picking out a bunch of things for her, especially decor items! We stopped at Marshall's, Hobby Lobby, Sofa Mart, and Target. I'd say we were pretty successful, considering her entire car was full by the time we were finished. The best part is that I was able to find some new additions to my living room that I'd been looking for, as well as some more art and craft supplies I wanted.

At Marshall's, I found the white pitcher I was wanting for my hydrangeas. Even though I really liked the glass blue vase, I Love my new white pitcher!!



I also found a little blue ceramic birdy at Hobby Lobby that looks pretty cute on my coffee table. I don't think he'll live here forever, since I am looking for something more quirky and white, but for now, he likes his home here pretty well.

I got a bunch more art supplies at Hobby Lobby too to keep me busy, including some new canvases and acrylic paints, and some Mod Podge that I have a project for to work on soon!

Besides this awesome find at Sofa Mart (WHITNEY sofa, what what!)...
We didn't find anything there. There was a gray arm chair on sale that I thought about for a moment for the living room, but came to the conclusion that it wouldn't really work in there, because it was a little too big, and it wouldn't match our brown couch too well.

Then we went to Target. We had 2 full carts full of things for Haley's apartment, plus a large box with a table and chair set on a flat that was too heavy to pull around ourselves. I also found a couple of items for myself, including a matching sofa pillow to the one I had bought a few weeks ago (Now I have a matching set!):


And a new rug for the kitchen that makes things a little more colorful in there! (It needs all the help it can get!)

Right now its home is under the stove, but I may move it under the sink. We'll see..In the meantime, while Trent is working today, I will be attempting to get some things done around the house. Dishes, dusting, etc...it's been a lazy morning for me so far, so we'll see how much gets accomplished!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured on...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...