Navigation bar

  • About Me
  • Renovation
  • Decor
  • Crafty
  • Life

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Decor Items I'm Loving for Spring

Happy first day of Spring! But seriously...if you look outside...where the heck is it? The warm weather needs to be here already! Who else is with me here? Here in Illinois, it's still Freezing outside. This has to be the worst March weather-wise we've had here in a while. I'm still looking ahead though and thinking SPRING! Can't wait for spring cleaning, t-shirt weather, breezy open windows, and getting some things done outside!

On to decor though. I'm really feeling bright, fun pops of color this spring! I'm starting to add some more color in our living room, and bright, colorful accessories are the way to go with a bunch of neutral colored furniture, walls, and flooring. Here are a few decor items I'm loving right now for this season.

COLORFUL PILLOWS:
I'm a little obsessed with colorful pillows right now. These in particular. They are the perfect way to add a little punch of color and fun in a space.
1.2.3.
1. This pillow is from a website called Society6. If you haven't visited it, you really should. I discovered it recently (can't remember how - I think it was from Pinterest). There are so many different styles of pillows and prints, you are bound to find at least one that strikes you. I'm loving the abstract pillows. They're just so colorful and vibrant. This design is called Pie for Breakfast by Emily Rickard.
2. West Elm has the prettiest floral print pillow covers right now, new for Spring! I'm actually thinking about getting the Fiesta Pillow Cover for the chair that's right under the new artwork I made in the living room. I think it would help balance it out a little and love the watercolor/painted feel of the print.
3. This last pillow is another one from Society6 that I love. It's really similar to the first one because it's another abstract print by the same artist, but I really love it! This one is Asking for Directions by Emily Rickard. I obviously love your work, Emily!


TURQUOISE:
All of these turquoise items are from Z Gallerie. I couldn't resist their new turquoise stuff. It's just so bright and cheerful and will pop in any space.

1.2.3.

1. Faux coral as accents is big this season. I saw some at Kohls and Marshall's in the past couple of weeks that I seriously debated about taking home but sadly couldn't think of a place for them. I wish I had amazing built-ins I could style and put them in. I'm still thinking about the bright jungle green colored one I found at Marshall's...it was drool worthy. These faux turquoise coral can be found here.
2. This turquoise garden stool would make any porch pop! I would die to have this baby for our porch but almost feel ours is not worthy of such greatness. Get this garden stool here.
3. I LOVE this globe. If I owned a globe, it would probably be this one. It's just so classy and sophisticated. I want it for my office! Globe found here.

CERAMIC FRIENDS:
These ceramic animals aren't exactly colorful, but what can I say...I'm kind of obsessed. Here's a few I think would be pretty awesome to own.
1,2.3.

1. These dachshund bookends were from a Joss and Main event found here. I love these kind of bookends! I remember seeing an alligator one too. I think it might be a cool idea if somebody DIY'ed something like this, maybe by sawing a rubber toy in half or something? I don't know, I still wish I had a fantabulous bookcase I could put cool stuff like this in. So envious!
2. This sculptural sea horse is from the Jonathan Adler site here. I love that it's mounted on a silver plate. It looks all fancy.
3. This ceramic horse is from Target. I love when I go to Target and find new ceramic animals, like my beloved dog that Sherry from YHL signed. The best part is that they're cheap, and they look like they're so much more special than just a Target find!

So this is just a sampling of items I'm digging right now...wish I could own them all, but one can only dream, right? Plus, I'm not exactly sure that owning all of these decor items would be necessary or practical. What do you think? Maybe I'll just choose one...Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured on...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...