Navigation bar

  • About Me
  • Renovation
  • Decor
  • Crafty
  • Life

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Home Decor Book Reading List

I'm giving myself a summer reading list. That's right. Even though I'm not in school anymore (Thank God), I'm still making a reading list for myself. But it's a fun reading list! Yep, a Home Decor themed one. There isn't another genre I'd rather read, except maybe something art or graphic design related. Haha. 

How did this idea come about? The other day, after shopping for my sister's apartment and picking out tons of decor items we both thought were awesome and coming up with ideas for what she could do with the space, I decided to stop at the Barnes and Noble home decor section. I was drawn to all of these books that I had always wanted to read but haven't yet. And I want to be inspired and enlightened. And learn new things about interior design that I haven't learned yet. I checked out all of the home decor-related books and jotted the titles down on my cell phone to buy later on Amazon (They're usually much cheaper there!). I ended up buying three books from Amazon (And they should arrive at my doorstep by early next week- woot!):

There are a few more that I would like to read by the end of summer, too:

Lara Spencer - "I Brake for Yard Sales"

Suzanne and Laura McGrath - "Good Bones, Great Pieces"

Nate Berkus - "Home Rules"
Nate Berkus - "The Things that Matter"
And of course my favorite home decor book is already on my coffee table:
I've paged through it quite a few times but haven't really read it in its entirety, yet. So it's on my list too! 

Here's my full list:
  1. Sherry and John Petersik - Young House Love: 243 Ways to Paint, Craft, Update, and Show Your Home Some Love
  2. Grace Bonney - Design*Sponge At Home
  3. Deborah Needleman - Domino: The Book of Decorating: A Room-By-Room Guide to Creating a Home That Makes You Happy
  4. Deborah Needleman - The Perfectly Imperfect Home: How to Decorate and Live Well
  5. Nate Berkus - Home Rules: Transform the Place You Live into a Place You'll Love
  6. Nate Berkus - The Things That Matter
  7. Lara Spencer - I Brake For Yard Sales: And Flea Markets, Thrift Shops, Auctions, and the Occasional Dumpster
  8. Suzanne and Laura McGrath - Good Bones, Great Pieces: The Seven Essential Pieces That Will Carry You Through a Lifetime
I hope to have them all done by the end of summer. Definitely expect reviews from me on each of them right here on my blog! I will share my favorite tips, quotes, and highlights, too! Super excited to start reading. If anyone else has any suggestions, feel free to let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured on...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...