Navigation bar

  • About Me
  • Renovation
  • Decor
  • Crafty
  • Life

Friday, March 29, 2013

I Got It! I Got It!

It came in the mail yesterday! The first original piece of art I have ever owned (made by someone other than myself that is). You might remember me mentioning an artist named Emily Rickard in this post. Here is her Etsy Shop. And this is the amazing painting that I bought from her:

Here are my poor quality photos of the painting (which is acrylic on canvas):


I LOVE it! I was so excited when I came home from work yesterday and this package was sitting on the table:

I mean, even the package is cute!! And to top it all off, I turned the painting around to the backside and this hand-written note was tucked inside of the canvas in a little envelope:


So adorable. I love her. And my new painting! I first discovered her work on the Society6 site, and I'm so glad I did. It was a splurge for me, but I've never bought an actual piece of art before, and it was love at first sight. I was "Smitten." Which appropriately, is the title of the painting! Here's what it cost on Etsy:


It was totally worth it. Now please excuse me, while I admire my new art. :) I just need to find a place for it along with all of my own paintings! I set it up next to them in the living room just to see how it would look...pretty much makes my art look like a kindergardener painted it. Haha! We'll see where it ends up.

Well, I'm on my way to Ohio today to celebrate Easter with Trent's Family! Hope everyone's Easter is wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured on...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...