Navigation bar

  • About Me
  • Renovation
  • Decor
  • Crafty
  • Life

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pumpkin Patch Fun

A couple of weeks ago, we visited Country Corner, the local pumpkin patch and farmers market. This place is really huge! They really pull out all the stops - They have a corn maze, a pumpkin cannon, hayrack rides, and of course a bunch of stuff for kids, like face painting and even a cow train that moos (yep I was pretty jealous I didn't get to ride that thing). We went here a few years ago and picked out some pumpkins, but I've been wanting to go back, since we didn't really explore too much the first time. I regret not taking more pictures, but all I had on me was my cell phone. Trent took a couple of good ones on his iPhone, though. 


It was a little chilly that day due to the wind, and the pumpkin patch area was pretty dried up and picked over, but it was fun walking around and taking in all of the lovely sights of fall. I admit it felt a little weird going there without any kids. I told Trent we should've borrowed one of his nieces or nephews for the day just so we could look like we came there to take pictures of our kids with the pumpkins. :p

Here's a photo of Trent from the first time we visited a couple of years back:

Back then we thought we would pick out the biggest and best pumpkins we could find. Little did we know they are priced by the pound! We've learned a little since then...Best to get the free ones from Grandpa and Grandma's patch. :)

Thus, this year, I just decided to buy a few little mini pumpkins and a couple of gourds. Total money spent was less than $5. Much better! Here's me hauling my loot:


Hey, it was a heavy load! ;)

And finally, here is one Trent snapped of me when I wasn't ready (of course!):


Luckily, though, I think it turned out pretty cool. We officially discovered photo filters on the iPhone. And speaking of iPhones...I have one of the few cellular companies that doesn't sell them (hint- US Cellular) - however, November 8th the iPhone is finally coming! Picture me standing in line and pacing back and forth ready to trample anyone ahead of me to get me a new phone! I've been waiting for this moment for what seems like years. Get ready to help me choose a cover!! I'm already debating between a few different ones....this will be hard. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured on...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...