Navigation bar

  • About Me
  • Renovation
  • Decor
  • Crafty
  • Life

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Antiquing in South Beloit, Illinois

As I mentioned yesterday in my Lake Geneva trip recap, on our way back from Wisconsin we got to do one of my favorite things - antiquing! A little town in Northern Illinois called South Beloit had two huge antique stores right across from each other. Trent and I both found a few things to take home. It was a great way to end our trip!

The first store we went into was called Roscoe Antique Mall of South Beloit. I think we were both confused and thought the town we were in was called Roscoe after we saw this sign. But maybe this is just a chain of antique malls?

Nonetheless, this was one of the coolest antique stores we've been to yet. Between this one and the one right across the street, you could really find anything you're looking for! There was such a variety of stuff at these stores.




I of course was drawn to the plates. I stopped and looked for plates at pretty much every booth! Most were too much for what I wanted to pay. I don't like to pay more than $15 for a plate, even though I've seen some for $20-$40 that are gorgeous!

I got two pieces of China from this store - here they are already in my China hutch (The little bowl on top and the plate right underneath it):
I can't remember the exact amount, but they were each under $10.

The second store was another huge antique mall right across the street, in a building that looked like a huge barn attached to another more normal-looking part. haha.

The rooms in here wrapped around forever - it was like a huge maze! This place was big, and there were lots and lots of antiques! Even more variety. Like these awesome pig book ends:

I totally would have bought them if they weren't $39.50. That's a little too much for pig bookends when I wasn't really looking for any in the first place! They are cute though, in an ugly sort of way. :)

I saw TONS of mason jars, especially the blue ones. I regret not buying a couple now - some were actually really cheap, about $4 or $5.00. The blue mason jars are really trendy right now too, with the 100th anniversary of the Mason jar, or something like that! I still need one for my Lake Geneva beach jar, too.

 Here are my finds from this store:

I'm in love with my gold owl. I think it was $15.00 but I honestly didn't care because it was love at first sight. Another awesome owl to add to my collection. The mushroom shells in the bag were around $2 for the whole thing, so I picked them up for my vacation jar. Still totally regretting not buying one of the mason jars there! Oh well, what can you do! :)

1 comment:

  1. I love the owl!! It is awesome. Don't worry, I am sure you will find mason jars somewhere else.

    ReplyDelete

Featured on...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...