Navigation bar

  • About Me
  • Renovation
  • Decor
  • Crafty
  • Life

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Black-eyed Susans

My Black-eyed Susans have bloomed! Another pretty pop of color out front.


Did you know that....

  • Black-eyed Susans can be either annuals, biennials, or perennials.
  • They are one of the most common wildflowers grown.
  • They attract butterflies.
  • Black-eyed Susans grow to be between one and three feet tall, and can spread 12-18 inches.
  • You should remove dead flowers to prolong blooming.
  • If you cut back Black-Eyed Susans after they bloom, a second, smaller bloom may occur in late fall.

Ours are perennials. I believe this is the second year we've had them. Our front flower garden is pretty much complete I think! Now, I really want to try to make it out to the store soon to get some plants for the side yard. I think I may make that a priority this weekend....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured on...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...