Navigation bar

  • About Me
  • Renovation
  • Decor
  • Crafty
  • Life

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Glossy Ceramic Owl Makeover

Ok, first off - you know I love ceramic animals, right? I think we've already covered this subject, and there's no need to revisit it. But in case you are unaware, I invite you to check out this post and this post. That should prove my point. Moving on, though..after I received the ultimate owl figurine collection from my aunt, I immediately thought about painting them a solid glossy color. If not all, just some of them. However, I was a little torn between painting and leaving them alone for fear the little guys would lose their character. Thus, I decided to just paint one and see how it turned out.

I have to say, I love the result. Here's the Before and After:


It looks a lot more modern now - we had actually started painting him when I painted my wine bottles and jars a while back:

Except it got rainy later that day and we never got to do a second coat. So he sat inside until this weekend, when we finally finished him up!




He looks so handsome on top of the washing machine in the laundry room. So handsome in fact, that he makes doing laundry much more fun just by being there. :)


OK, maybe that last part isn't exactly true - when is doing laundry fun, really?


Still though, he is a pretty cute addition. I still haven't decided if I want to paint any more of these guys though...what do you think?


Do all owl figurines look better with a glossy coat of paint, or just the bigger ones, like the one I painted? Some of these guys are teeny tiny. For now, the jury is still out!

 (images from here and here)

Linked up to: Liz Marie Blog, Tatertots & Jello

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured on...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...