Navigation bar

  • About Me
  • Renovation
  • Decor
  • Crafty
  • Life

Sunday, September 13, 2015

Kitchen and Living Room Updates

This weekend was pretty relaxing, but productive, too. It felt like fall for the first time, in the 60's and 70's. We had a fire in the backyard and had a few of Trent's family over on Friday night. Saturday we visited my family then went to the lighted parade in Alpha, and today Trent watched the Bears/Packers game with the guys, and I stayed home and cleaned around the house. I also redecorated a little, found some places for the last of the wedding gifts, and watched some movies. It was a nice little Sunday!

I did manage to snap a few photos in the kitchen and living room today of some recent changes around the house. I already posted about our new stove that we got last weekend. We still think it's pretty awesome.


We also got a Keurig 2.0! I've been making the Cafe mocha pretty much every morning. I can't believe how fast it is, and that we haven't gotten one of these sooner.


I washed and put away all of the new dishes, glasses, and mugs we got. I just wish we had more storage! I'll probably have to get rid of a lot of old cups and plates.


I can't wait until we can redo the kitchen and get all new cabinets! Ever since the foundation got worked on, the cabinets have been split apart and away from the wall. The foundation still needs work, unfortunately!


I did put my dishes back up on the wall after we used them in our wedding centerpieces. I just changed out a few of them.


In the living room, I changed up a few frames - Our guest book frame that all of our guests signed at the wedding is now in the center of the room on our floating shelf.


It replaces the picture of Trent and his mom that his sister gave him a few years back. I moved it to the side table though, so it's still in the room. It's just nice to change things up a little, but still have something else meaningful in its place.


It is probably one of the coolest mementos from the wedding. A nice alternative to a guest book, which would probably never be seen again for several years!


In the China hutch, I put the rest of my dishes away, along with the champagne flutes from our wedding, and our cake server and knife.


I think it's safe to say the hutch is completely full now!


My gallery wall got switched around, too. Though I think I need Trent to get home so he can move a couple of nails for me! We got that LOVE print on the right for a wedding gift, but it needs moved over a little bit to be centered. 


I put one photo from the wedding in one of the frames, but think I'll wait to switch the others out until we get our professional photos back. The little "From this day forward" sign was also a wedding gift. Isn't it cute?


Of course I already shared a little about our new Mr. and Mrs. pillows. They're still sitting pretty on the couch for now.


I cleaned and straightened up quite a bit today, folded towels and put them away, and ran the dishwasher, along with redecorating a little bit. So I think I had a pretty productive Sunday. I like my blogging and movie watching view a little better now I think. :)


That's all for now! I think I'll work on putting together that wedding link post...All of my wedding projects on one page. Hope to have that done this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured on...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...