Navigation bar

  • About Me
  • Renovation
  • Decor
  • Crafty
  • Life

Thursday, September 10, 2015

New Stove for Labor Day

Guess who picked up a new stove this past Labor Day weekend? *Points thumbs in toward chest* Yep, we finally bit the bullet and got ourselves a brand new stove. I love it. It's so pretty, I may have petted it a few times.


I am making Trent teaching me how to use it. (I'm more of a microwave gal myself) Yes it's true, I've never been one for cooking; however, we have already boiled water on it in the tea kettle, and have cooked a pizza and some stirfry vegetables. I picked up some brownie and cookie mixes, too (since that's how I bake). I'm excited to learn how to bake desserts in this thang!


Isn't she a beaut? We decided to go Labor Day weekend, because every appliance store had them on sale. We checked out Lowe's, Home Depot, Best Buy, and Sears to compare. In nearly every one, this is the stove that we went to. We wanted stainless steel, gas, and convection, and this one had all three and was a good deal. We decided to use our wedding money for it, since we've been wanting a new one for a long time now.


We ended up getting it at Lowe's. We also liked a Frigidaire stove there that was very similar, but we have a Samsung washer and dryer and love them, and the Samsung stoves got really good ratings.


It's so fancy, and I'm slowly learning how to use it (baby steps). Seriously though, it was about time we got a new one. When you have to kick the appliance multiple times to get it to turn on, it's safe to say it has about bit the dust. Plus, it was time for a stainless steel upgrade to the twenty-first century.


Here's what the old stove looked like to refresh your memory - it was pretty much an antique! I guess it used to be Trent's grandma and grandpa's, then got passed down to their family.

Needless to say, we don't miss that one much, and are already loving our new appliance. :) Next, it's time to upgrade the others!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Congrats on the new stove. Its like a new piece of jewelry for the kitchen. :)

    ReplyDelete

Featured on...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...