Navigation bar

  • About Me
  • Renovation
  • Decor
  • Crafty
  • Life

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Christmas Eve Thoughts and New Memories

Merry Christmas Eve, again! I'm back again with a few more miscellaneous Christmas photos and a few more random thoughts. I've been blogging so much more since I've gotten my new laptop a couple of months ago. Aren't you proud?

Right now I'm sitting here watching Christmas Vacation and listening to my new Taylor Swift 1989 cd that Trent got me for Christmas. Trent had to work from 7:00 to 1:00 tonight, so he had to leave and I'm all alone at the house! (With Saleen of course) Before he left though, we took a few pictures in front of the Christmas tree and each opened one present. (the T. Swift cd was mine --totally love it)




We're not exactly experts with the camera timer, but these were the best shots we got. Not half bad, right? We were kind of in a hurry because Trent had to head off to work, so Saleen wasn't in our "family pics" this year. She did get to open a gift though (some doggy treats).


We each opened one present each tonight. I got Trent the two Expendables DVDs he doesn't have yet - to watch while he's doing security tonight. :) Trent so lovingly wrapped my T. Swift cd in a Eggo McMuffin box. He knows I hate even the smell of those things. So tricky there....


Loving my CD so far though. It's totally 80's sounding. And so catchy.


We didn't get too many pics of Saleen opening her present. Most were blurry. She's such a blur of a dog most days. Three second attention span, I tell ya!


So glad we could make a few new holiday memories today, even if they were pretty brief. I'm sure we will be busy as ever opening more gifts and spending time with family..oh yeah, and stuffing our faces with food as usual!

On an unrelated note, I have to say I am so elated about this weather we've been having this winter. It's been in the forties the last few days, and this was the weather forecast for the week this morning:


For some of you this may be chilling cold, but the fact that it's the end of December in Illinois, these are the temperatures, and we haven't had any snow pretty much the whole month - and there is no real snowfall expected anytime soon - makes me a pretty happy girl right now!

If you lived through last winter here, you understand. So far this winter has been the opposite of last year and I hope it stays that way for a while. I know I had my share of rants at the beginning of the year over the horribly cold and snowy winter we had. This post that I made back in February pretty much sums up how our weather was throughout the whole winter. So, in short, I'm hoping not to have those rants this year. And of course I'm grateful to have just mildly cold temperatures this winter. :) OK, that's the end of my weather spiel!

Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured on...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...