Navigation bar

  • About Me
  • Renovation
  • Decor
  • Crafty
  • Life

Monday, December 8, 2014

DIY Rustic Christmas Ornaments

Wow, can't believe it's Monday again already. I got back from Ohio Saturday night (had a work conference this past week), and did plenty of resting up yesterday, but it's back to work again. Since I've been busy this week I didn't have much time to get any new crafting supplies, so I used things I already had around the house to make some rustic homemade ornaments. I've been wanting to make some this year - it's a nice little craft, and I've seen tons of them all over that I was inspired by, including these ideas here.

The ornaments were really simple to make...I just gathered up a few pinecones I had around the house, and a couple of decorator balls.


I also grabbed some craft supplies I had that I thought would be good to make some ornaments with. Some various kinds of ribbon and twine, glitter, a paint pen, and a silver sharpie. I didn't end up using all of the supplies, but a lot of them did come in handy!


I ended up making two pine cone ornaments and two ornaments from the decorator balls. With each one, I used bakers twine for the string to hang the ornaments, and added a bow with brown ribbon.


I attached each of the bows with a little hot glue. I sprinkled the decorator ball ornaments with gold glitter, using some spray adhesive to stick the glitter to the balls.


For the pine cone ornaments, I dabbed some white paint with my paint pen on the pine cones to look like snow. I think they turned out pretty cute!



I like the rustic look and that bit of gold sparkle when they're hanging on the tree, too.




Overall, I'd consider my spontaneous little crafting project quite successful. :)

Linked up to: Inspire Me Monday, Someday Crafts Christmas Crafting Party, Made by You Monday, Keeping It Simple, Tatertots & Jello, Say G'Day Party, The Pin Junkie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured on...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...