Navigation bar

  • About Me
  • Renovation
  • Decor
  • Crafty
  • Life

Monday, December 1, 2014

Holiday Table for Two

This little table setting for two is my Dare to DIY Challenge post for this week. I didn't DIY any specific thing for the table (I was going to gold-glitter some pine cones, but I wanted to use them in more versatile ways in the future). I did, however, put together my first tablescape ever using some things I had on hand and a few new things I picked up. And, being that we are not formal people and never really set the table, I actually had fun putting together this little centerpiece and dreaming up a little elegant kitchen table for us!


This week's theme was "Dare to Entertain," and I'll be linking my post up to Decor and the Dog. Last week's challenge was "Be Thankful"- you can see that post of mine here.


Since it's just us two in the house, and we don't have a dining room, I just used our kitchen table and put together a centerpiece and two place settings.


The elements I used for the centerpiece include my milk glass cake stand I had (from an antique shop), some red tinsel I had on hand, gold decorator balls from Michaels, some scented pine cones and a ceramic bowl from Wal-Mart, some berry and pine pieces from Michaels, and a couple of gold candle holders, also from Michaels. 


The little candy bowl is another milk glass item from an antique shop, and it's filled with Reese's Bells. Yum!


The festive table cloth is from Target, and the burlap runner is from Wal-Mart.


The woven chargers are from IKEA a few years back, the bronze chargers are from Target, and the plates and napkins are also from Target.


The champagne bottle is one that Trent's family gave us when we got engaged, and the vase and flowers I've had for probably four years now...I think they were from Michaels.


And that completes my first tablescape! I know I didn't include silverware or glasses or anything, but you get the idea! (We don't have formal silverware anyway)


We normally don't even really eat at the table, but now I think we need to have a formal dinner, just the two of us. This holiday table setting needs to be put to good use, don't you think? :)

11 comments:

  1. Aren't fake dinner parties the best? Your table looks so adorable and festive! Thanks for joining in again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally relate to not eating at the table. LOL... but that should never keep us from setting it up, right? ;) Love your table setting! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that this is just for two! Two is plenty for a party :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your table looks positively festive! Love the cake pedestal - the edges are adorable.

    When I used to set our table, we'd eat in the living room. I didn't want to mess it up. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, too funny! I thought the same thing. It's too nice to eat on! :)

      Delete
  5. I'm really into the woodland look for Christmas this year and you totally captured it with the pinecones mixed in with the bling. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your milk glass pieces. They pair so well with the place setting and centerpiece you've beautifully put together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your table looks perfect! So cozy and inviting. I keep seeing people using pinecones in their holiday decor and I love it--I wish I could find some pinecones laying around where I live!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? That would be nice! Mine are scented and from Walmart! :)

      Delete

Featured on...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...